TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Lexus Reserve a Car Terms & Conditions
1. The prices and specifications listed on the configuration section of this website are an estimate only and are subject to change. Price: All prices shown here are an estimate only and based on the Non- guaranteed COE Scheme*. Prices and specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Further Terms and Conditions apply.
*The Non-guaranteed COE Scheme, authorises BM to bid for a Temporary Certificate of Entitlement (TCOE) at the Company’s discretion and on behalf of the Customer whenever bidding is available for up to a maximum period of 3 months from the date of this Agreement. The Company shall in its absolute discretion determine when the first bidding is to be made and the number of bids to be made and shall also absolutely determine the Bid Price. The Company shall not be obliged to disclose to the Customer the acknowledgment code issued for any bid.
For the avoidance of any doubt, in the event that the Company is not successful in obtaining a TCOE, whether in joint bid or by proxy from any bidding made within 3 months from the date of the Agreement, it is expressly agreed and understood that (without prejudice to any and all rights that have accrued to the Company):
a) Either party may thereafter rescind the Agreement for the sale of the Vehicle with no claim whatsoever against the other party whereupon the Deposit paid shall be refunded without any interest to the Customer minus any applicable fees or costs incurred by the Company in respect of such Deposit , and
b) The Customer shall have no claim against the Company for any losses or expenses incurred by him for any reasons whatsoever, or
c) Both parties may by mutual agreement enter into a fresh agreement to purchase another vehicle.
2. The prices listed on this website are after in-house finance and insurance subsidies have been applied. Such in-house finance and insurance subsidies are applicable only to successful applications and may be subject to further change. In order to be eligible to apply for the finance subsidies, a minimum loan quantum of S$30,000 for a minimum 1-Year tenure is required.
3. All prices listed are inclusive of the registration fee ($350), in-vehicle unit ($160.50 after GST), number plates ($39.50), 6 months’ prevailing road tax and a VES rebate and such other fees that may be imposed from time to time.
4. Borneo Motors (“BM”) reserves the right to use Open Cat COE (Cat E) for registration of any of the vehicles reserved under Lexus Reserve-a-Car.
5. Reservation Fee Payment Terms
- 5.1 If you wish to proceed with the purchase of the reserved vehicle, you shall pay the booking deposit in full within seven (7) calendar days (time being of the essence) of the email notification confirming that your reservation fee has been successfully processed. Our sales consultant will notify you of the booking deposit payable when you attend at our showroom to view and/or test drive the vehicle.
- 5.2 If you fail to make payment in full within the time period specified in paragraph 5.1, then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to BM, BM shall:
(i) void the reservation fee payment, and the hold on your credit card will be lifted.
- 5.3 Any payment by cheque for the booking deposit shall not be considered to have been made or received by BM until the cheque has been honoured and the proceeds thereof have been credited into BM’s account. You shall only be permitted to make cash payments for the booking fee at such amounts which may be determined by BM from time to time. You shall only be permitted to make credit card payments for the booking fee at such amounts which may be determined by BM from time to time.
6. BM does not warrant, guarantee or promise that the vehicle of your choice will be reserved for you as a result of your successful payment of the reservation fee. All reservations of vehicles pursuant to Lexus Reserve-a-Car are subject to stock availability and other factors at BMS’ sole discretion. Should you wish not to proceed with the reservation and/or purchase of a vehicle, your reservation fee will be dealt with pursuant to Clause 5.2. For the avoidance of doubt, any decision made by you not to proceed with the reservation and/or purchase must be communicated to BM within seven (7) calendar days of notification by BM that your vehicle of choice is not available, failing which BM shall be entitled to lift the hold on your credit card and deal with the reserved vehicle at its own discretion.
7. These terms are governed by, and to be interpreted according to, the laws of Singapore. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms (including any question regarding its existence, validity, or termination) shall be referred to and finally resolved by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.